The second annual international course on the pathology of melanoma at Institut Curie will address the most difficult diagnostic problems encountered by practicing pathologists in cutaneous and ocular melanoma.
The course will consist of didactic lectures and interactive sessions during the two-day period. Digitized images of specific cases will be available for review in advance of the course and will be discussed in the interactive sessions of the Course.
The second annual international course on the pathology of melanoma at Institut Curie will welcome Professor Boris Bastian of the University of California San Francisco as a principal speaker in the course, in addition to other internationally renowned speakers.
Selected list of topics
- General approach to the difficult melanocytic lesion
- Congenital nevi and related lesions
- Acquired melanocytic nevi and including unusual and special variants
- Dysplastic nevi
- Spitzoid melanocytic neoplasms
- Blue nevi and atypical variants
- Nevoid, lentigo maligna, desmoplastic, blue nevus-like, conventional cutaneous, pediatric, acral, mucosal, conjunctival and uveal melanomas
- Melanocytic lesions of the nail apparatus
- Conjunctival melanocytic lesions including nevi and melanosis
- AJCC guidelines (8th Edition) for cutaneous and ocular melanoma staging
- Practical immunohistochemistry
- Practical molecular analysis of melanocytic lesions
- Immune checkpoint pathways
- The reporting of melanoma and prognostic factors
- What the clinician expects from the pathologist
The pathology of melanoma: an international course
April 26-27, 2018, Paris (Institut Curie)
Organisation : Etienne Jarry